‘In the Service of Youth’ Conference 2016
Saturday 16th April 2016, 10am – 4pm
Twitter hashtag: #ITSOY16
Hosted by the Institute for Youth Work and London Metropolitan University
This national conference aims to bring together youth work practitioners, policy makers, academics and commentators to discuss contemporary issues for the youth sector and develop actions for the Institute of Youth Work (IYW) to lead on over the next year.
IYW would love to see as many members as possible attend – to meet the team, hear about developments and engage in shaping the future of the organisation.
London Metropolitan University hopes to promote a collaborative discussion relating to the current position of the services on offer to young people and are keen to provide a platform to showcase initiatives and examples of good practice.
Key discussions will include:
- promoting anti-oppressive practices nationwide
- LGBTQ youth work
- tackling racism
- exploring the pressures facing young people engaging in gang culture
- new funding initiatives
Projects, clubs and individual practitioners are welcome to display their work at our best-practice marketplace.
Those considering a career in youth work will have the opportunity to meet current students and practitioners.
Let’s keep our services for young people alive, celebrating work with young people.
A complimentary lunch will be provided on the day.
Registration: To register as a delegate, please click here.
- 10.00: Registration and workshop sign up
- 10.30: Welcome from the IYW and London Met
- 10.40: Key note speaker – Bernard Davies
- 11.00: World café exercise
- 12.10: Feedback from world café and general discussion
- 12.30: Lunch
- 13.15: Workshop 1 – LGBTQ Youth Work & Workshop 2 – Gang Youth Work
- 13.55: Workshop 3 – Anti-Racist Youth Work & Workshop 4 – Funding Youth Work
- 14.45: Closing speech
- 15.00: Main conference close
- 15.15: IYW Annual General Meeting
- 16.00: Close